The following are the qualifications for the Small Munsterlander Club of America, Inc. Natural Ability Breeders Award program. Both the Dam and the Sire qualify.
1. The breeder must be a member of SMCA in good standing to apply. If co-owned one of the owners must be a SMCA member in good standing.
2. The producing dam and sire must meet the SMCA qualifications for breeding approval.
3. The litter registration must have occurred before the dogs are tested.
4. A Breeders Award and Sires Award can be awarded for each successful litter. Breeders are not limited to one award per calendar year.
5. If applying for a NA Breeders Award, four dogs from the same litter listed must qualify with a minimum point total of 360 points (90-point average per dog) in NAVHDA Natural Ability tests (not necessarily in the same calendar year).
6. Dogs that are judged as gun-shy, temperament shy or noted as aggressive towards people are not eligible for a Breeder’s Award or Sire’s Award.
7. It is the responsibility of the breeder to notify the Registrar and provide copies of qualifying NAVHDA test reports when a litter becomes qualified.