Complete the online Membership Application and pay your membership fee with a credit card or PayPal.
Print out a Membership Application to mail to the Treasurer with a check for your membership fee.
Your SMCA membership is the beginning of a journey. You will find a group of Small (Kleine) Munsterlander lovers, hunters, and supporters of the outdoor way of life. Thank you for your membership with the SMCA. Below you will find a list of benefits of becoming a SMCA member.
SMCA members receive:
- Assistance in acquiring a North American or European bred Small (Kleine) Munsterlander.
- All new puppy owners receive a complimentary one year SMCA membership.
- Assistance from other SMCA members in your area with training, testing, breeding, and hunting opportunities
- Opportunity to attend the National SMCA Annual Conference with dog training, conformation and health seminars, dog fun activities, and the SMCA fun hunt.
- Opportunity to attend regional activities, training seminars and hunting outings or trips.
- Receive the quarterly Munster Tales.
- Receive SMCA three generation pedigree for approved SMCA litters or SMCA Tracking Numbers for dogs born from litters where one or both parents were not SMCA approved for breeding.
- Access to the SMCA Pedigree Point Database.
- Access to the SMCA Facebook page.
- The SMCA maintains the only complete North American Small Munsterlander Registry along with the ancestors of the Small Munsterlanders country of origin.
- Scholarship assistance for SMCA members attending a training seminar.
- Youth programs such as
- Scholarship assistance for SMCA youth attending a training seminar
- No charge for attendance to the National SMCA Annual Conference.
- Access to the Members-Only area of the SMCA website with articles on puppies, training, health, breeding conformation, hunting, cooking with game and the SMCA Forum.
- Access to the NAVHDA Registry and Testing records for Small Munsterlanders at www.navhda.org.
- Ability to purchase SMCA merchandise
SMCA breeders receive:
- Breeding guidance from the SMCA Breed Council. Our SMCA BC collectively has over 100 years of experience in hunting, training, testing, importing, and breeding Small (Kleine) Munsterlanders.
- Advertising of our breed in national publications.
- Advertise upcoming litters on the SMCA website for a nominal fee.
SMCA Membership levels:
- Complimentary membership free for new puppy buyers, no voting privileges. f your breeder did not sign you up for a free membership please don't hesitate to do so yourself.
- Regular, Foreign, and Junior Membership shall be open to anyone filling out and signing the membership form and paying the dues established for the calendar year. All persons who become members thereby agree to be bound by the Club’s Bylaws, Code of Ethics, and Breeders Guidelines and Regulations Manual, regardless of citizenship or place of residency.
- Regular membership shall be open to all persons 18 years of age and older who are in good standing with The American Kennel Club, and who subscribe to the purposes of this Club. Junior memberships shall be open to any individual who has not attained the age of eighteen (18) and is in good standing with The American Kennel Club, who subscribe to the purpose of this Club.
Stewardship and Life Stewardship Membership
Only Stewardship and Life Stewardship members have election voting privileges.
Requirements for application:
(a) Regular member for a minimum of 4
Member has demonstrated the versatile
heritage of the breed by passing a hunt test/tests that assesses the hunting
abilities of their dogs against written hunting standards, under simulated but
near-natural hunting conditions in noncompetitive hunting tests. This test or
tests must assess field and pointing work, water, and tracking abilities of the
puppy or dog.
applicant for a stewardship member shall apply on a form as approved by the
Board of Directors, which form shall provide that the applicant agrees to abide
by the Constitution and By-Laws as well as Code of Ethics of the Club and the
rules of The American Kennel Club. Accompanying the application, the prospective
member shall submit dues payment for the current year.
Member must be sponsored by a current
Regional membership nominating committee
application. A favorable vote of two-thirds (2/3's) of the Regional membership
nominating committee present at a meeting, provided there is a quorum, or
two-thirds (2/3's) of the entire Regional membership nominating committee
voting by mail or conference call shall be required to move (an) applicant(s)
recommendation on to the Executive Board. The Regional membership nominating
committee may decline to move any applicant(s) to membership.
Applicants approved and submitted by Regional membership nominating committee
shall be elected at any meeting of the Board of Directors or by written vote of
the Directors by mail or conference call. Favorable
votes of two-thirds (2/3's) of the Directors present at a meeting of the Board,
provided there is a quorum, or two-thirds (2/3's) of the entire Board voting by
mail or conference call shall be required to elect (an) applicant(s). The Board
may decline to elect any applicant(s) to membership.
Life Stewardship member must first be a
stewardship member meeting all of the stewardship requirements and will have
all the same rights and privileges, for an additional onetime fee and approval
of executive board.
More information for new members can be found in the Constitution Bylaws on the website at https://www.smcna.org/Members-Site/Member-Info/Bylaws