Complete the online Membership Application and pay your membership fee with a credit card or PayPal.
Print out a Membership Application to mail to the Treasurer with a check for your membership fee.
Your SMCA membership is the beginning of a journey. You will find a group of Small (Kleine) Munsterlander lovers, hunters, and supporters of the outdoor way of life. Thank you for your membership with the SMCA. Below you will find a list of benefits of becoming a SMCA member.
SMCA members receive:
- Assistance in acquiring a North American or European bred Small (Kleine) Munsterlander.
- All new puppy owners receive a complimentary one year SMCA membership.
- Assistance from other SMCA members in your area with training, testing, breeding, and hunting opportunities
- Opportunity to attend the National SMCA Annual Conference with dog training, conformation and health seminars, dog fun activities, and the SMCA fun hunt.
- Opportunity to attend regional activities, training seminars and hunting outings or trips.
- Receive the quarterly Munster Tales.
- Receive SMCA three generation pedigree for approved SMCA litters or SMCA Tracking Numbers for dogs born from litters where one or both parents were not SMCA approved for breeding.
- Access to the SMCA Pedigree Point Database.
- Access to the SMCA Facebook page.
- The SMCA maintains the only complete North American Small Munsterlander Registry along with the ancestors of the Small Munsterlanders country of origin.
- Scholarship assistance for SMCA members attending a training seminar.
- Youth programs such as
- Scholarship assistance for SMCA youth attending a training seminar
- No charge for attendance to the National SMCA Annual Conference.
- Access to the Members-Only area of the SMCA website with articles on puppies, training, health, breeding conformation, hunting, cooking with game and the SMCA Forum.
- Access to the NAVHDA Registry and Testing records for Small Munsterlanders at www.navhda.org.
- Ability to purchase SMCA merchandise
SMCA breeders receive:
- Breeding guidance from the SMCA Breed Council. Our SMCA BC collectively has over 100 years of experience in hunting, training, testing, importing, and breeding Small (Kleine) Munsterlanders.
- Advertising of our breed in national publications.
- Advertise upcoming litters on the SMCA website for a nominal fee.
SMCA Membership levels:
- Regular, Foreign, and Junior Membership shall be open to anyone filling out and signing the membership form and paying the dues established for the calendar year. All persons who become members thereby agree to be bound by the Club’s Bylaws, Code of Ethics, and Breeders Guidelines and Regulations Manual, regardless of citizenship or place of residency. Only Stewardship and Life Stewardship members have election voting privileges.
- Regular membership shall be open to all persons 18 years of age and older who are in good standing with The American Kennel Club, and who subscribe to the purposes of this Club. Junior memberships shall be open to any individual who has not attained the age of eighteen (18) and is in good standing with The American Kennel Club, who subscribe to the purpose of this Club.
Election to Regular and Foreign Membership
For all SMCA members who have been active members prior to January 1, 2020 will be automatically grandfathered to regular membership, and members who choose to be Stewardship members and who have 4 years of consecutive membership, will bypass the vetting process below and be granted membership without any approval. Members who have been active members prior to January 1, 2020 and would like the Stewardship level of membership but do not yet have 4 years of consecutive membership will be notified when they reach 4 years membership and will be offered the Stewardship membership level at that time without going through the vetting process.
For new members as of January 1, 2020 and going forward, each applicant for membership will need to apply on a form with personal information (name, address, and occupation of the applicant). Then they will apply via their regional representative who will forward their membership application to the board of directors and Regular Member Applicants shall be elected at any meeting of the Board of Directors or by written vote of the Directors by mail or conference call. More information for new members can be found in the Constitution Bylaws on the website at https://www.smcna.org/Members-Site/Member-Info/Bylaws